The only comprehensive, integrated solution for video management & delivery.
Tools and solutions matter for organizations that utilize video on their Web sites and want to increase revenue and reduce costs. Some CDNs offer point solutions for encoding, ad network integration, and more, however, BG Video Director is the first comprehensive suite of integrated tools that deliver revenue and cost savings for organizations that also value great performance, scalability, global video delivery, and 24/7 support.
- Network Presence: Nodes across North America and Europe.
- Network Reach: Integrated with the largest global Tier 1 reach network in the world extending into over 200 countries and territories.
- Network Architecture: Utilizes our distributed origin architecture in which videos are stored and delivered from our dense nodes. With reduced routing and shortened transits, users click 'play', videos start instantly and play smoothly.
- Ingestion: Upload content by FTP, by pasting lists of external URLs, or by browsing a local directory.
- Output Protocols: HTTP, RTMP, RTMPE, RTMPT, and RTMPTE.
- Devices Supported: Support for Flash-enabled PCs, mobile devices, Apple devices, and set-top boxes.
- Video & Metadata Management: Manage video assets for your department or organization, including manual or automated metadata management.
- Content Control: Customers retain full control by adding, deleting, renaming, and updating their own content; most actions are reflected in the system within 300ms.
Video Feature Support
- Encoding: Cloud-based encoding from and to the most common file types, including for delivery to Apple devices.
- Video Player Templates & Customization Tools: Select from the included JW player, Flowplayer, or add your own video player. Customize the look, feel, and shape of your player, playlists, and other elements. Add watermarks, logos, and more.
- Ad Network Integration: Support for integration with online advertising networks, including Acudeo/Tremor, Adap.TV, and Google AdSense.
- Advanced Progressive: Support for the ability for end-users to skip without downloading, jump between quality levels, jump between clips. API allows customers to provide support in their Flash players so end users can create start and stop points of content and share the clips with friends. Supported file types for Advanced Progressive are .flv, .mp4, .m4v.
- Bitrates and Throttling: Support for delivery of multiple bitrates is standard and rate-throttling is optional.
- Security: Optional security package available. BitGravity URLs can be secured based on expiry time, allowed or disallowed countries, allowed or disallowed metros, IP address, or user-agent match string.
- Flash Players: Support for the free BitGravity Flash Player (supports Advanced Progressive), Flowplayer, JW Player, and more.
Reporting and Analytics
- Near real-time reporting, robust analytics included. Optional support for third-party analytics, including Google Analytics, TubeMogul, and more.
- 24 x 7 email and phone support included at no extra cost.